Winter 2017-18 Tours and Adventures Pricing
The following are some of our standard options for dog mushing tours and adventures. At Friendly Arctic Adventures we thrive by building the custom tour or trip to meet your needs. Please contact us if you don't see what you're looking for. Our guides and dogs can make your dreams come true. Prices listed are per person.
Standing on the back of the runners, controlling your own team just isn't for everyone. We recognize that. Because not everyone wants that ultimate responsibility, we offer sled rides where you don't have to worry about a thing. You can sit in comfort inside our big freight sled and see the trail without the worries. The dogs will do the hard work, while you take pictures and sip on a warm beverage.
Picture shows one person in my smaller sled. For groups of 2-4, an 8 ft freight sled is used.
1 hour dog yard tour with ride - $100
Mush your own team:
The ultimate dog mushing experience is to mush your own team. At Friendly Arctic Adventures we can give you that opportunity. We've combined well trained strong race dogs with custom built small dog sleds from Dog Paddle Designs to give you the ultimate experience. Since these sleds are lighter and smaller, they don't need more than two or three dogs to pull you down the trail. Most mushing tour operators doesn't let you run your own team as they don't have the same style equipment that we do. That sets us apart and gives us the ability to safely let you drive your own team of dogs.
- 1.5 hour short run with dog mushing school - Starting at $150
- 2.5 hour fun run with dog mushing school - Starting at $250
- 3 hour fun run with a warming stop at iconic Ivory Jacks for lunch - Starting at $300. This is our most popular day tour for the real Alaska experience.
- 3 hour aurora and campfire run - Starting at $350
If your sense of adventure isn't fulfilled with short tours, then maybe an overnight adventure is for you. Get the chance to see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) from a secluded camp spot. Keep warm with a heated tent and fluffy down sleeping bag. Enjoy the extra time with the dogs and get to see their pure enjoyment of running loose around camp. A great time can be had as an individual or as a group.
- Starting from $1,899 for single person, or $2,499 for a couple - single overnight.
- Starting from $2,899 single person, or $3,499 for a couple - double overnight
- Larger groups can be accommodated with a custom quote. Please call or email to inquire